This time, I followed the instructions to a T and it works brilliantly. This is the 2nd day and you can see the results already.
In 5 days or less, I am expecting to harvest my first baby sprouts and eat it. Can't wait to eat veggies from your very own kitchen. You can be your own farmer as well , simply follow these simple steps :
1. Find a glass jar , wash and clean it
2. Fill the glass jar with mung bean (green beans as it is commonly called here), about 2/3
3. Soak the beans in the jar for 7-10 hours
So if you soak it at night say 10pm, at 8am you can remove the water from the jar
4. Use a paper towel or mesh cloth (as shown in picture) and wrap around the top with a rubber band
5. Rinse the beans in the jar 2x a day
Tips : for smaller and long shape jar like jam, the beans will get stuck at the bottom. What I did was to remove the beans with a chopstick and rinse it with a strainer under the running tap
6. Wait patiently and you should witness the beans beginning to sprout on the 2nd day
Try it and you would fall in love with it and also can experiment with other grains and seeds as well. Have fun in the kitchen.